Country Report 2022
Name: Anna Heyne Mudrich School organiser
Tel.: 0049 5254 934141
Name: Thomas Beer School organiser
Name: Nico Schultze School organiser
Organisation and Number of Staff: GLOBE-Deutschland e.V.
Staff: 5 people: Anna Heyne-Mudrich, Thomas Beer, Sonja Drzensla, Nico Schultze, Matthias Schmitt
Project funding by Engagement Global, Sparkasse Paderborn, Sparkasse Unna, Erasmus, support associations from schools
NABU, Engagement Global, Academie of Environment in Westphalia,
GLOBE Schools (what types, how many): 35 GLOBE schools - primary and secondary levels
GLOBE Areas you and schools focus on: This year schools focused on Hydrology and Atmosphere
Number of Schools Reporting Data over Past Year: About 20 schools in different seasons
Program Implementation, International Cooperation in GLOBE Network, and Activities over Past Year (categorized by GLOBE Strategic Plan 2018-2023 Goals):
- GLOBE-Deutschland developed and organized a project about tree observation and tree history during the year with activities in all seasons.
- GLOBE-Deutschland started to develop a new discussion about didactics of science and geography in times of sustainability in cooperation with the university of Münster/Westphalia.
- GLOBE-Deutschland started the closer cooperation with the Science College in Jülich-Barmen with the focus on scientific education.
- We intensified our cooperation with the department of Geography at the university of Münster
- Online Meeting and Annual Meeting planned for the 10th anniversary of GLOBE-Deutschland Feb.2021 (problems because of Covid)
- Discussions and plans for a Teacher Training in Ghana
- Plans for a new International Erasmus Project on Hydrology concerning Tributary Rivers
- Starting a Cooperation with the Science Center Jülich-Barmen to intensify the GLOBE Activities in Germany
- Start of a discussion to improve the didactical approach to the education for sustainability in Germany
- Participation in international online meetings (GLOBE, UNESCO, different German universities)
- Communication within a project of the year about trees between different schools and organisations in Paderborn
- Renew the cooperation with the NABU
Plans and Ideas for Next Year:
- The Science College Jülich will intensify the cooperation. Hopefully we will have trainings and meetings in the next year.
- We want to restart the efforts to organize teacher trainings in Ghana.
- We plan to develop a new project: CLIMP, that means “Climate meets Politics”. We want to build up a network of schools in areas of change from military to civilian use like the former Iron Curtain.
Start der Präsentation durch Klick auf die Folie! Download (5 MB) abwarten!